Last month Cee Cee’s Sven Hausherr invited us round for a Saturday morning cooking session in his MYKILOS-designed kitchen at his Berlin home. Sven decided to make one of his favourite weekend dishes, staggering fluffy ricotta pancakes, topped with pomegranate, hazelnuts and homemade maple-pear compote. And we certainly had the pleasure of devouring it!
Fennel Pasta with Lemon
- Cutting Board
- Chopping Knife
Fennel Pasta with Lemon
- 400 gr Tagliatelle Noodles
- 1 Fennel
- Lemon (juice and lemon zest) from 2 Lemons
- Nuts (walnuts, pine nuts)
- 4 Shallots
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Fresh parsley
- Pepper and Salt
- Parmigiano Cheese Optional
- Cut the fennel in thin stripes.Make sure to keep the green from the fennel, it will be added to the pasta later.
- Prepare the pasta.
- In the meantime roast the fennel in a pan with olive oil.Parallel to this, roast the pine nuts.
- Sauté the garlic and shallots, put the fennel in it. Add lemon zest and juice.
- Drain the finished pasta and make sure to keep some pasta water.
- Add the pasta water (about a half glass) to the fennel and spice the sauce with pepper and salt.
- Mix the Sauce with the Pasta, add lemon to taste.Arrange the pasta and garnish with the fennel green, parsley and roastet pine nuts.
- Serve with a good drizzle of olive oil and Parmigiano if you like.
”To get the right fluffiness for the ricotta pancake, you should separately beatthe egg whites with an electric mixer until it turns foamy…”
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Sven Hausherr | Cee Cee Creative
Zurich-born Sven Hauserr is the co-founder of Cee Cee Creative – a creative agency focused on design, consulting, content and events. The agency’s ethos is devoted to producing and developing a cosmos of its own work; this in order to showcase its expertise across the board and form meaningful interactions between client projects and the wider Cee Cee Community.
Website | Instagram | Magazine
In Spring 2011 Sven together with his business partner, Nina Trippel, former chief editor of DERZEIT, founded Cee Cee. It began just as the now well-loved newsletter, offering insider tips and recommendations for everything worth seeing in Berlin. With Sven’s graphic design background and Nina’s journalistic credentials in particular, the Cee Cee newsletter quickly gained followers. Eventually it developed into the dynamic, multi-disciplinary creative agency that it is today, valued by both its clients and followers.
Subscribe to Cee Cee’s weekly newsletter here for hand-selected recommendations in Berlin and beyond.
Quick Team Lunch Recipe | By Marie
The Great Holiday Pairing | By Mattia Risaliti and Oliver Schwarzwald
Beetroot Hummus Crunch | By Baldon
Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes | By Sven Hausherr
Saffron risotto | By Studio Mark Braun
Modena artichoke salad | By Yafo Restaurant
WHAT IS 'HANGRY'